Thursday, October 25, 2012

Quotes with Reflection



“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  -- Dr. Suess

This quote from Dr. Suess can relate to many things in peoples lives, and I believe that everyone can relate it to their lives in some way, big or small. The first thing that came to my mind when I read the quote was how I feel everytime my brother or sister comes home for a weekend to visit us.
Since I am the youngest in my family both of my siblings are not living at home. I like to think that I am lonely without them but really I just don’t remember what it was like when they were at home. I am so used to being the only child at home, so it is a little refreshing when they come home to visit. We always play music and have a good time, and when it comes time for them to leave I am really disapointed that they have to go. This quote reminds me to be happy that they came at all instead of being sad that they are leaving.

“Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans.” – John Lennon

Sometimes I think that people get carried away with planning. Some people spend all day planning for tommorow, and completely miss what happened today.  This quote is quite similar to the quote, “Live everyday like it is your last day on earth.” I feel that in my everyday life I can be caught spending life wasting time with planning my life.
I have been looking at different colleges and taking tests about what to major in since seventh or eighth grade. My parents always tell me to “just make it through my sophomore year in highschool.” I love to look at different colleges and “plan my life,” but I think that I could spend a little more time living in today instead of the future.

“Don't walk behind me; I may not lead. Don't walk in front of me; I may not follow. Just walk beside me and be my friend.” – Albert Camus

No comments:

Post a Comment